Housing disrepair claims are a necessity if your property isn’t up to scratch, or is quite frankly unsafe. But they can also be distressing if you don’t know where to start or don’t feel like you have the right legal team by your side. Here at St Helens Law, we’re experts in this field and are experienced enough to know how to best assist those who deserve disrepair compensation in St Helens and beyond.

Many people living in rented accommodation are unfortunately left to reside in properties that are unfit for purpose, and inadequate in terms of the state of repair. There is clear legislation for this kind of case, which was set out in the s32 Housing Act of 1961, then re-enacted in the Housing Act of 1985 at s11.

S11 states that landlords are expected to keep the structure and exterior of the dwelling-house (including drains, gutters and external pipes) well repaired and in suitable condition for the tenants at all time.

(b) to keep the water, gas and electricity supply of the house in proper working order and to sanction any repairs if they are needed. This also includes basins, sinks, baths and sanity conveniences. However, this does not include other fixtures, fittings and appliances for making use of the supply of water, gas or electricity.

(c) to ensure that space heating and heating water is repaired and kept in proper working order.

So, if you have a property that is in need of repair and your landlord is not cooperating, then be sure to get in touch with the most well placed experts in housing disrepair St Helens has to offer. We will happily act for you in a no win no fee claim to compel the landlord to carry out the necessary repairs to ensure a safe living environment, and to pay you compensation for damages.

You must have asked the landlord to perform the repairs before you can lodge a claim with our housing disrepair solicitors, and given them a reasonable time to do the repair before we can help. You can get in touch with one of our team now for a discussion as to how we can help you, and how quickly you can start to claim housing disrepair compensation in St Helens.

Feel free to give us a call today on 01744 742360 to speak to one of our housing disrepair team, or email us at info@sthelenslaw.co.uk. You can also fill out our online enquiry form to request a FREE 30 minute consultation with one of our experts, where we can discuss your situation in detail.