Wills & Probate
|Single Will||£180.00 (150 plus VAT)|
|Two Wills||£300.00 (250 plus VAT)|
|Life Interest Wills||£540.00 (450+VAT) plus £3 office copies|
|Severance of Tenancy||£60.00 (50 plus VAT) plus £3.00 office copies|
|Grant of Probate||£540.00 Plus Disbursements (450 plus VAT|
|Estate Administration||£201.00 per hour plus uplift if applicable
If St Helens Law are Executors or Joint Executors of the Estate :-
1.5% Gross Estate less main residence
0.75% Main Residence
|Lasting Power of Attorney x 1||£360.00 (300 plus VAT) plus registration fee of £82.00 = £442 TOTAL|
|Lasting Power of Attorney x 2||£600.00 (500 plus VAT) plus registration fees of £164.00 ( 2 x £82.00) = £764 TOTAL|
|Lasting Powers of Attorney x 4||£1080 (900+VAT) plus registration fees of £328.00 ( 4 x £82.00)|
|Court of Protection Application||£1140.00 (950 plus VAT) plus disbs
· application fee of £365.00
· Payment to put a Guarantee Bond in place prior to the Court of Protection Order coming into existence; cost to be determined by the Court of Protection
· Medical Report Fee, cost to be determined by the Medical Practitioner but usually this is in the region of £100.00 to £200.00
· ongoing yearly fees to pay to the Court of Protection/Office of the Public Guardian and in respect of the Guarantee Bond
Our minimum costs in this matter are laid down by the Court of Protection and are currently set at £950.00 plus VAT of £190.00; this gives a total of £1,140.00. These fees represent an application, which is not opposed or contested.
Where an application becomes opposed or contested, we reserve the right to charge dependent upon the amount of work involved and the person who has carried out that work. Ours costs in these circumstances are calculated on the amount of time spent on your file, with letters, telephone calls and all attendances to your file timed at a minimum of 6 minutes.
All of our fees are subject to VAT.
There will also be some disbursements which are payable. These are :-
- An application fee of £385.00 Two application fees will be payable if you want a financial deputyship and a health and welfare deputyship.
- Payment to put a Guarantee Bond in place prior to the Court of Protection Order coming into existence; cost to be determined by the Court of Protection
- A Medical Report Fee, cost to be determined by the Medical Practitioner but usually this is in the region of £100.00 to £200.00
- There will also be ongoing yearly fees to pay to the Court of Protection/Office of the Public Guardian and in respect of the Guarantee Bond
To contact our Wills & Probate team, please call 01744 742360, or click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org >
“St Helens Law do not accept service by electronic means.”
“We endeavour to finalise the administration of an Estate within 6-12 months if there are no complexities or unforeseen circumstances.’’